29.7.13

Taking a Ride Back in Time

First up in line for a graphic request was Kasey (Martusia_144)! I was more than pleased to make her something as she's one of my close friends on stardoll ;)

(click image to enlarge)

I really like how this came out, to be honest. In previous attempts, I've just used a brush for fur, but this time I tried to draw it. I don't think it came out as too much of a fail, but it kind of reminds me of my hair from late 2012... and I definitely think that was a major setback in the improvement department... I love the hair, and I'm really happy with the idea to add a feather to the headband. This is supposed to be a flapper-esque graphic, fyi.

I do realize that the hand is really small, but there is a good reason for that...

Interestingly, Kasey assigned me to a drawn reference picture. I was really uncertain of how I would take a hand drawn image and transform it into a graphic. I think it came out much better than I'd originally thought, and I'm happy I stuck to it. Now onto the reason the hand is small...: In the drawing, the model's hand was extraordinarily small in comparison to the remaining image, thus I wasn't sure exactly how to make it bigger without making Kasey look like she had a walrus attached to her arm. *chuckles*

Anyhow, please comment and rate the graphic! And please don't forget to check out my last post, as your blogger account may be at risk...

Adios! (and that's practice for when I start taking Spanish this year... lol)

9 comments:

  1. Def not your best, but still your skin technique is incredible and the fact that you managed to create a graphic out of a drawn ref is just unbelievable! so great job! I also love the technique! and feel free to ask me anything about spanish next year hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29/7/13 05:27

    Why does this remind me of the 1920's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because I requested a drawn image of a flapper;)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1/8/13 05:17

      just love 1920s styles

      Delete
  3. i think this is one of your worst pieces without a doubt. it's so, wrong? the head isn't positioned correctly, that hand is just ridiculous and i don't like the fur either. you're better than this by far. it's really disappointing to see such a drop in your improvement, i hope it's just a bump in the road

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hands are a bit.. eh.

    But I like the theme a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fur needs just needs more depth it's 2d compared to your shawl shading

    ReplyDelete