29.7.13

NTGD Task 1

The results of Task 1 were published not too long ago, so I can now show you my entry which I've been almost sying to publish for over a week!
{Click to enlarge - it's much bigger}
I was assigned Cycle 13 for my entry, and I chose a photo of Erin. Personally I found it quite easy to choose which photo to go for as it was difficult finding something I really liked and knew I could turn into a graphic. Also with this one I really wanted to do something different to my usual style and decided to draw the face - I kinda thought I would ruin the look of the image by putting on a Stardoll face, and I'm glad I took the decision and risk to draw it! It's actually the first real life face I've done, so I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
The judges gave me good comments, and I agree with what they said about the depth in the hand, so I definitely have things to work on for next time if I manage to stay in past the elimination! 

Please give me your thoughts and comments!

Love K xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is your best work so far, to my opinion! I hope you win first place because this piece was the best for task 1 (along with catherine's too).

    The eyes have to be my favorite part! Very vibrant and 3d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really Your first real face?
    Mine first was looking like a horse :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! I really love the sepia effect and that you stuck to muted tones.

    ReplyDelete