31.7.13

An angel fell down

... and apparently, it landed on my graphic for the first task of SNTGD!


I worked quite hard on this graphic, due to time pressure, I even did some parts of it in the ICE (InterCity Express, the German high speed train) to get it finished! Definitely something I don't plan to do again ^.~

I am more than happy with the outcome of the graphic, it is by far the best one I did yet, I took a huge step forwards in hair& face shading and apart from a small chinese boy, this is my first male model. Although I am proud of the graphic, I didn't expect it to be ranked that good (so happy!).

Can anyone of you give me tips on how to use stardoll faces in graphics where the face is shown from the side (like the one above)? That would be really helpful!

xoxo Cathy

7 comments:

  1. Such an amazing improvement! You can see the emotion in the graphic and that is just beautiful! The hair, on both models, is absolutely gorgeous:) Good Job!

    If you use stardoll faces in graphic, you can typically tilt it to the side(obviously right in this graphic), but in some cases, you need to watch for the arms and shoulder's position. Basically, if you can't bend your head that way, neither can your model:) At least, that's how I see it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she obviously didn't use a stardoll face in this graphic.

      Delete
    2. Rafi, but I asked for tips how to do it, because Lindsey said that I should use stardoll faces. And kasey, thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Omg, I love it Cathy! :) I'm so glad you're on The Vault!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I think that you and Kirsten should have got top photo! This is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still don't understand how this did NOT become top photo!!
    It's pure perfection, the shading is simply flawless. She looks so angelic and the male model is just gorgeous as well!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is Anne Ward, from America´s Next Top Model Season 16!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete