2.5.13

A Spoiler Gone Unspoiled

A quick-ish graphic I made for the upcoming "The Media Awards" at boutiquestardoll.blogspot.com. At the time of creation, I really hated the dress, but the more I look at it, the more I love it. If you can tell, I've added the train of another dress I've recently created. Can you guess?

I really like the skin shading, the collarbone could have been executed better, but its not too bad I suppose.

For some reason the face is really choppy and pixely, not sure how that happened. The original didn't look like that. Oh well.

Comment, critique, rate.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/5/13 08:16

    Again, I know I am not one to judge based on the fact that I am not a graphic designer myself. But, I love the shading on the dress and the dress' shape too (I emphasized on how vibrant it should look cause the more vibrant and colorful it is the more eye-catching it'd be).

    The face, as you said is very choppy, the eyes really look weird and cat-like. The collarbone is almost non-existant, and by virtue of the pose, the neck area and the head together look very awkward. And the hair also looks thin and doesn't correlate with the exuberant, luxurious, gala gown.

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, it's so elegant. Although I can spot many things that could have been better. I think you should have added more volume to the hair and shaded the forehead a bit because it looks too plain/empty (?). Also the right hand is weirdly shaded between the 4th finger & pinky.

    Other than that, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete