3.5.13

BEWARE! THIEF ON THE LOOSE!!

EDIT!: the facebook page has been removed and sttercat apologised. please still be aware of people stealing graphics as it is a growing issue on stardoll. always watermark or protect your published work!

i never watermark my graphics, mainly because i see it as a very over cautious and egotistical thing. but from now on, i probably will

it seems that some people still find it acceptable to STEAL the artwork of others. it appalls and disgusts me. i put 100% into all of my graphics, i work endless hours creating my pieces, and for people to just take them from under my nose is just foul

the thief in question is none other than





sttercat has a blog named STARDOLL MODELLINE  and the header of that blog is made by and credited to another use, all's fair. but not until you click her facebook page link, do you see why i'm upset


as soon as you click on the page you can see that both the header image and profile picture are of a graphic created by me which i posted on this very blog not so long ago. i can confirm that i did not give sttercat permission to use this graphic at all. if you continue to scroll down the page, you will see various  other graphics from designer such as myself, kasey, khol, mikel, nika and more. she does not credit ANY of the images to the original designers, nor do i expect she asked for permission to distribute any of the images.

i am disgusted by this girls acts, she should be ashamed. please do not turn a blind eye to this, as it affects many graphic designers and is a very frustrating experience! graphics are made to be enjoyed and admired by audiences, not stolen! if you want to support your favourite designers and blogs such as the graphic vault, please help us to stop people like sttercat by reporting her and any other people you see stealing graphics!  

thank you and always be careful

13 comments:

  1. What the hell?! She copied hundreds of images! And she's even that shameless that she claims graphics as her own which have a signature on it (like one of my graphics for example). Thanks for posting that here.

    xoxo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rude of her! Can you tell me what reason I should state for reporting?
    I appreciate all the hard work people here put to make a perfect graphic, and this is just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems as if the facebook page got deleted, at least it doesn't show up any longer when clicking the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me, it redirects me to the Facebook homepage.

      Delete
  4. Has the facebook page now been removed? as I can not see it :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like she deleted the fb page. I wanted to see what she stole in case there was anything mine in there too. She's nothing but a desperate amature 12-year-old looking for an easy way to awe dumb people like herself ugh not impressed

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the page was deleted! im still really upset by this though, it was just such a selfish thing for her to do. i hope she learns from this and doesn't continue to steal people's work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why people do things like this!!!??? It´s very unfair is someone is using a graphic without permission or steal it !!! I was unable to find the facebook page to report it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://www.facebook.com/Stard0l

    This one posts graphics too, if you have your name on the graphic, they keep it there, but they also add their own watermark across the image, they have rather a lot of pieces from many of us, myself, you(jack), Kasey, Lige, Luisa ... and more! I have sent the girl (emillystyle) several GB messages about it and she has ignored me each time - I think a stronger hand is needed with things like this!


    I didn't see the Modelline page before it was deleted, so I can only assume it was a similar sort of thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. another one? this is ridiculous. thanks for pulling this one out of the woodwork too, i'll leave a comment in her gb. i'm getting sick of this already

      yes it was, the pages were similar; both stole graphics and posted hipster images and other random crap

      Delete
  10. I never said that the graphics were mine, so I did all what was asked, still dissatisfied, do not know if it's me, but I also ask, also Emy, excluding the Stard0l this post. I did everything that had to be done, finally, I want also reciprocate because some people continued to visit me and call me names. So please delete this posting.

    ReplyDelete