12.6.13

Skele-Khol


Once a luscious blonde socialite turned hideous monster,Khol had the world at her finger tips. Hitting the cover of every major magazine in Dollywood, she was at the top of her game.
That was until she took a fateful step into the world of realty.
The lot of land was one of magnificent beauty. Rolling acres of green meadows and a large marble mansion atop a hill surrounded by clumps of blooming apple trees. 
After being shown the entire property, Khol placed bid on the house and in return for being the only one to offer for it, she gets the house. Within the week of moving in, she leaves with no explanation and the house is put back on the market.
Digging deeper into the past of the area, it turns out that the house is placed on an ancient Native American burial site. Those who stepped onto the land were cursed and forever doomed to remember where they stepped. Thus, the whole left of her face was transformed into a hideous skull in memorial of the dead who lay. This blonde bombshell ended up doing a "high fashion" editorial for Vogue Magazine and then going into hiding to live out the rest of her life as the girl nicknamed Skele-khol.


Now about the graphic.
I originally had short blonde hair on her, but changed it in favor of going more toward that "editorial" feel and stay bald. To me, high fashion is weird, so that's where I came from with the idea. The skull was actually really easy to do because of the anatomy class I took last year. The color came from a random real skull picture I found online.I didn't use a reference picture for it. I used the fur again because I didn't feel like doing anything major while I'm sniffling and coughing through life at the moment.
So yeah... I just went really basic with it and did a partial skull and blended the color into her face. Then I did the facial shading to match the skull's, very sharp and structured. 
And that's about it.
 It turned out nicer than I thought!:)


18 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/6/13 02:28

    How you managed to draw a skull without a reference picture is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was not easy. It took almost an hour to even draw it out to be slightly accurate. After about 4 hours, it turned out nicer than I though!:D

      Delete
  2. Art wise, this is gorgeous! I love the eye detail and the skull work, makes me wish you made a graphic of my medoll like this or something from your very creative brain.

    But in a realistic sense, the skin would be damaged if it was literally decayed or uncovered like that, as well as the lips, I wish for the lips you made it more cut off in the middle and smiling than just there next to the teeth/jaws. And it would of been awesome if in the skull half there was an eyeball, but I still love this none the less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!:D But, it isn't decayed. She isn't dead, but her face was morphed into the skull. It's part of the "curse" thing. It was almost like part of her face melded into her skull:)

      Delete
    2. This is alright, but the skull lacks real definition. There definitely needs to be more shadows, and based off of the eyes the eye socket needs to be bigger on the skull.

      Delete
    3. theres nothing wrong with the skull, shes done it perfectly fine.

      Delete
    4. ashley to be honest i don't know how you can be dishing out graphic advice when you make your "graphics" on ms paint and draw collarbones an inch above the tits. there is nothing wrong with the skull, it's really well shaded and has an exceptional amount of detail. as kasey mentioned, she took classes in anotomy, so i think she knows how to draw a skull. to say this graphic is "alright" when yours are basically filtered scribbles is an insult.

      Delete
    5. Wow, I knew this day would come haha. Oh well. I don't see how you can really say that to me Jack since you've seen my artwork and know that I know how to draw/paint/ect. But that's your opinion though :/It doesn't matter what medium I use to create my digital art anyhow.

      I've taken anatomy classes as well during my art courses. You'd be surprised how big the eye socket really is on a human skull. None the less, I can give my opinion. It just didn't look right to me.

      Delete
    6. http://www.daviddarling.info/images/orbit_eye.jpg

      Just to see what I'm saying compared to Kasey's graphic. Even if Khol's eye in the graphic is that small, it would have to be followed by a bigger eye socket on the right hand side of the skull. It's also off centered just a tad bit.

      Delete
    7. I'd really like to point out to anyone, with no offense, that this is a fantasy graphic and I used a MEDOLL. A medoll's face isn't proportionate to the shape of the skull. I did check to see if it would work using a human skull as a partial reference, but it wouldn't work with the shape of the face. Thus ending in me having to draw out the shape closest to anatomically correct.

      Delete
  3. This is Great! I love the stories behind this new graphics you are making :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love being able to tell stories from my graphics:D

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12/6/13 06:08

    Somehow I need to make something like this. I really like the story it would've took too long for me to brain storm I would have been saying " Hope you like it "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's usually what I do, but I felt this is a lot more fun. Plus it's great practice:D

      Delete