6.6.13

NTGD - Reminiscing


With the applications open for cycle 4 of NTGD(if you haven't applied and might be even remotely interested, APPLY! It's a great opportunity and could lead to good things!) I decided to apply - I took part way back in cycle 1! Seems like a long time ago, but it was only just over a year! I was remembering back to making my first task entry, and it honestly seems like a few weeks ago, not a year =) Over cycle 1 my graphics improved a lot, and I think they've improved even more since then, hopefully if I am accepted into this cycle I can improve more. So I mentioned task 1 - that was my worst entry for the competition, and I have decided to remake it! The original is on the left and the new one is on the right: 
The old one - lets just not go there, it is bad, end of! So so bad! 
The new one - it's not amazing or perfect but it sure is better! I prefer how I've done the bikini, it's not much of a difference, but I think it just looks that little bit nicer, same goes for the bangles, I think they look a lot better than before. Skin shading is the main area where my technique has changed. Now I think it looks a bit smoother, whereas before there were just kinda bits here and there(I'm not sure I've conveyed what I meant very well). Hair ... myyyeah, not a fan. It's better than the original but I still don't like it, I think it's just a hard style to get right in the first place. I'm reasonably happy with the highlighting, I think it looks ok, but it's the shading I need to work on more - defs my task for the rest of the afternoon!


Anyway, thoughts? Improvement from cycle 1?

Love K xxx

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks - I definitely agree, but I still have a road to go!

      Delete
  2. love it! you've improved a lot, i actually like both haha! expept for the face on the left, doesnt quite fit with the graphic but you've changed it now :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - totally agree about the face, no idea what I was thinking!!!

      Delete
  3. The improvement is how realistic it is, like going into the Renaissance period.
    Well done.


    Michelle, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/6/13 21:19

    haha this makes me want to revamp an old graphic of mine! It'd definitely be interesting to see the improvement :)

    On another note: I really like this (although the random line on her armpit is a bit strange). I can certainly see improvement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7/6/13 00:32

      I thought line on her armpit is when you stretch your hand? If not, then I really don't know.

      Delete
    2. Do you mean on the models left armpit? There should be something there as there is a ligament bordering the armpit, but I do agree that I've probably emphasised it too much =)

      Delete
  5. I'm totally doing this! I tried doing it with my first ever graphic...but that was just an ultimate fail.

    On a graphic note, I can really see the improvement. From when you were in SDNTGD, your shading was really simple and not all that accurate as far as placement. Now, you've got many more layers and variation in shading. I'd say this comparison was a success!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really fun, and I'm looking back at other old graphics and saying "What in the world was I thinking?!?!"

      But yay! Thanks =D

      Delete
    2. Haha, I think everyone does at some point!:)

      Delete