16.4.13

take me back

remember when so many celebs used to be stick thin and it was in all the magazines and everyone soaked it all up. being skinny was so IN! and all the skinniest people were the ones who got the most attention. it's a shame that thin shaming is the new phenomena now, bones are apparently ugly.

all that inspired this graphic, it's nicole richie at her thinnest. i'm sure this photo was all over the gossip blogs


obviosuly i only began shading the bust, until realising i would probably have no use for this graphic had i have finished it

it kind of just looks messed up, i'm not sure what was going on but it doesn't really matter anyway.

bye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous16/4/13 23:23

    Super skinny is not pretty! For one, it's pretty unhealthy, and two, being able to see bones isn't necessarily attractive. Enough of my rant.

    I think it's a great graphic, your shading is becoming more and more perfecto :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lindsey. The age old saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I do not find stick thin people to be attractive. It almost sickens me that some people choose to be this way because they think it's what society wants. My mother weighed less than 100 pounds before she died. That was not her choice and it broke my heart to see her that way. Being skinny enough to have your bones be grossly defined is a terribly unhealthy way to live.

    Aside from my opinions on the topic, the graphic is very well made, and the shading is impeccable. I'm always dazzled by your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I'd rather have a muffin top and a butt with cellulite and look like honey boo boo's mum than have a thigh gap as big as an arch and a chest so defined that you can tell each bone separetaly...

    Apart from my personal opinion on the matter, I absolutely love this! It's so realistic and neat. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete