19.2.13

100% Me!

So, after being an awful promise maker, I decide to shy away from a graphic request (you'll hopefully see it here soon!), and make a graphic of my own. And boy, was it a success!

I wanted to try and make a graphic using NO reference picture what so ever, and I think I succeeded (do you think?). Anyhow, enough rambling, here it is!:

So maybe I was sort of inspired by Kasey's graphic with her legs, and decided to make my own. Normally, I'm horrible at making my own shoes, and these ones I think came out at least half way decent. And yes, that is my signature! I decided to take out my tablet too, but the writing is the only thing I used my tablet for. The rest was done by mouse.

Anyhow, I really love the pants, and I'm not completely sure I like the shirt, but it'll do for a practice run.

I personally think once you've been able to make your own poses, no refrences at all, it definitely marks the beginning of something great. And something even more fabulous?

I didn't even draw a pose (as in pencil and paper, then scanning image to computer), I just made it pretty much using my imagination. I'm quite happy with that fact as well.

So, what do you think? Was it not a complete fail?

Oh, and if you haven't seen my work for V&K already, here's what I finished in mid-late January. Here's the poses I made:






If you want to uuse the poses for making outfits and hair, I don't really mind, AS LONG AS YOU give credit to the poses. Oh, and please don't add these do your blog banners/whatevers. Or else... :P

Thank you for reading my rather long post!

7 comments:

  1. the anatomy of the legs are totally off(shut up i already said it in a comment so just shake your head agreeing instead of pointing out the obvious), however they aren't that bad.

    I really love the hands to head pose! the top hafts(breast etc.) of the graphics are superior because they have minimal shading BUT are still the "HD" look you're looking for. lesser the coverage of your shading = beaut graphics sorry that this is so long lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with mikel about the breast area of the graphics, it's good how you made them look defined without too much shading.

    the poses are really nice and i always respect gd's who make custom poses, because i cant draw bodies for shit. anatomical skills can come in very handy for graphics, so consider yourself lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those! Although I shade my graphics quite light very dark shading is ugly because I believe v, I have to admit that the way you shade yours is extraorinary. It is dark, indeed, but it's looks good and unique (haha told you that before too).

    I can't believe how you drew fingers to beautifuly with no reference image *_* Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous19/2/13 20:35

      Ooops, I think I should have been more clear, the V&K graphics I made with refrences, the only one I made without one is the first graphic :P

      Delete
    2. oh ahaha
      still the first graphic is very beautiful :)

      Delete
  4. I think your skin shading technique is really dark and I wouldn't make it so dark but it the way you do it.. idk.. it looks so perfect *.*
    I love really much all the graphic above, great))

    ReplyDelete