18.12.12

Something to Keep you Going

Hello All!
I know its been forever since I've last posted with a graphic, but there's a reason for that. I kind of have been slacking graphics, and on top of that I had to dig up my old photoshop codes to download onto my new laptop I got back in October. Anyhow, I'm going to speed through with HAUTE graphics, but not too fast, because I usually just trash a graphic that is short of at least somewhat decent looking. Hopefully I can deliver my promises and post just before the new year... but I'm not sure if I can make around 15 graphics and write a few articles before then, so you might have to wait until early January. But I promise the wait will be worth it... Which brings me to what I'm about to show you!

I guess you could call them HAUTE spoilers? One graphic I wasn't very pleased with, so I'm kind of ditching it, and it will not be featured in the issue. The other is just a snippet of an editorial photo. I can't tell you what its for, though. I personally like to be surprised.



So if you can't tell already, I absolutely hate this graphic... the shading is really blurry, which is not my personal style. I did at one point like the hair, but now... er, I guess you could call it somewhat of a fail. And I cannot stand the dress, either... its just awkward.
The only thing I can really say is decent (or at least just a little?) is maybe the collarbones. I know they may be a little heavy shaded, but personally I think it makes the graphic better looking(?)?

And this is hair I just finished for a graphic in the magazine. I think it came out pretty well. considering its one of my first times working with black hair. Even though I didn't use a ton of layers, it definitely doesn't look overdone, which is something you should never do (And my example of overdone would be the first graphic I showed you today). I am aware that it looks like the neck is really fat, but in the final image, the model is sitting down sideways, facing forwards. So simply put, don't judge D:

So, what are your opinions? First or second graphic? I love to hear from you all, so please comment!!


And btw, while your reading this, can I ask you a huge favor? Please visit my yearbook here, and click on my projects I've completed. Now click on the "Callie's Press Tour Part Three" and then click on the purple heart. Thank you all ;)

9 comments:

  1. I actually really like the first one. The collarbone is a bit too heavily shaded (in my opinion of course) compared to the face, but I love everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is stunning. Perfectly made roses and hair. Just wow. o_o

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg it's beautiful :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like the arms and the hair! Though it isn't my style of doing hair, it's really good! You did a beautiful job and I look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. god lindsey. stop being soo good at graphics. UGH.
    Lol just kidding! your collarbones look a bit too exaggerated though, other than that it is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how that won't be in the magazine, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hair is a bit off towards the top separation but you could easily get away with putting a rose in the hair. Or either you could take some of the harshness off of it. The black hair is more grey. when you do black hair there is going to be less white shading. The only part you need to do really is the highlights because those are the key points in shading dark hair. They are the "gloss" that you'd normally see. Blonde/ light hair is somewhat translucent that's why its less shiny because it absorbs the light instead of reflecting(<- dumb fact). I overall like the graphic. You've came a long way to get where you are loves it.

    p.s. instead of using a black colour for shading colored clothing you should use an off dark yellow and black so the garment won't look so dark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the first graphic is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete