11.7.13

I'm feeling Aqua...Yep...That's Aqua...

 Does anyone remember this graphic?



If you don't, do not fret. You can see it again. Riiiight up there... This graphic was for the banner for Khol's The Stardoll Closet.
The blog was shut down a while ago, but today I was going through my old graphics(our Satellite TV went out and I was bored) and saw this one. I remembered how much I liked the reference image so I decided to go for it and here it is!

Watermarked because of recent graphic theft>:|

I think without the distraction of television, I was able to concentrate 100% on it.
The background is absolutely HORRIBLE! I hate it so much.
However, I love everything else, so that background doesn't really matter.
The model is the old version of Lovealwaystiara. I originally was going to use her doll in my line, Hysteria, but decided not to after designing the rest of the clothes.
This is making it up to her for not using her doll.

I made this graphic in about three hours and used a part of jack's technique(not using white) for most of it. I think that REALLY helped and I appreciate him posting those tips! So thank you, Jack!:D

I would really love it if you guys can point out some improvements and comments about the graphics. I'd also like to point out to those who ask about my technique to check out my blog, KNgraphics.blogspot.com, for tips and techniques that I use or have used. I'm trying to keep the page close to how I do them, but discreet enough that if you want to use that technique, you learn to do it in your own style. I think it's important for a GD to find their own style instead of copying someone else's. That way it's like an ID...people can point out your graphics out from everyone else.

Thanks for reading that enormous post!

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/7/13 05:59

    I love this graphic,especially those heels! Also do you different skin shading techniques on different skin colors? Because I'm having a hard time shading skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes,depending on the skin tone, I may use a darker version of the skin color instead of black. However, I mostly do use black because I find using that darker color won't always work for some tones. With hands, I sometimes use the burn(set to highlight) tool for details. It helps, but isn't something I'd use on legs or arms.
      Hope that helped:)

      Delete
  2. Thats gorgeous! The baclground is meh but it doesn't bother me at all the quality is just so good! Ill check you techniques and tips for sure! You are soso talented and I can't wait to see your line too c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure the line resembles my skill level that much, but I'm excited for you to see it!

      Delete
  3. lovely graphic! I just love the shorts and the sweater :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/7/13 09:15

    Damn, that pose is sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with lindsey it's totally alluring. You should also think about turning down the opacity on your shading layers because they're too intense. Like the legs, the shading should be more gradual. The shoes are my favorite they bring interest into the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I actually really like the opacity. I don't want it too realistic because it still is a Stardoll graphic. They aren't meant to be too realistic:) Thank you for the advice, though!:D

      Delete
  6. I adore this! Everyrhing is amazing except the bacground which I'd rather see it being in other tones. my favorite part is the shoes! The detail is great and they look very 3D/realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! and you're welcome for the tip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing. I use your graphics and image post on my blog but I always credit you. I hope you do not get angry, I like your work and the people who follow my blog also follow yours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please credit my username. Using the graphic vault as credit is not giving me credit....

      Delete