26.6.13

Casualty

The post title doesn't refer to the graphic in any way at all - it refers to my reason for falling out of a graphics mood! I have become addicted to watching old episodes of the British hospital drama, Casualty. I've always been a fan, I can remember watching it from when I was about 5 years old, and my parents always watched it before then. So from about 7 days ago I've seen about 30 episodes! I picked up with one of my (and my sisters) all time favourite episodes where one of the paramedics is thrown off a 20 story carpark which is in series 18, and I'm well through 19 now, these episodes date back to 2004, it's hard to believe they were almost 10 years ago! The show has kinda calmed down now on the killing off/injuring staff members, but my sister and I agree that these episodes are the better ones!
Anyway, off with the ranting and on with the graphic:
Model is Rosahanaha who signed up on my graphics blog as a model for my practice graphics. I really like her look for this image, her features appear quite soft and I really like the brows! I think this is an ok graphic, I think my last one(here) was better, but I definitely put more effort into that one than this one. And I think it's better than the one I did before the last one(here), so a steady middle ground is fine! I like the legs, but the feet and ankles need more work, but for my first try at barefeet I'm happy - this is something I'll work on more before NTGD though, you never know what sort of things you'll need to do! I really like both the hat and the dress, but again I think I could have been better with the details.

Let me know your thoughts!

Love K xxx

9 comments:

  1. The knee looks a little odd because of that one curvy line of shading. Mainly because a knee doesn't naturally curve like that, thus the shading wouldn't either. Besides that, I really like everything else:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26/6/13 23:11

    I really like the legs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one in style and as a whole idea but there are a few things to take the graphic's beauty away. First of all, the 'outlines' are very rough and sharp which make this look unprofessional. Secondly, the hair is a bit poor in quality and seems way rushed as well as the hands. The knees need some work too but you already know that.

    Other than that, this graphic is very beautiful but looking into it brings many things to light. Though, I have to admit I love the legs (apart from knees) and clothing. It's very nice in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous26/6/13 23:42

    omg, if we're talking about being addicted to tv shows, then you better hold onto your socks when I say these next few words:

    24 is fucking amazing. Like I seriously swore - I hardly curse, which would explain my undenying obsession with the show. The action is so suspenseful, that it hurts so much to wait until the next day to watch another episode. Its really addicting... and I'm going to be so sad when I finish watching the series (sadly it ended in 2010...). It's quite rare to find a television show that you like seriously can't stop watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous26/6/13 23:44

      But, onto your graphic:
      I actually really like this one! The dress is perf, and so is the right leg (it'd be the model's left leg). The knee on the right leg (model's left) is kinda odd, but in all honesty I still have to figure out how to draw knee caps, myself.

      Delete
  5. The legs, and dress look great, but I don't really favor the hair. It's nice.

    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this girls doll literally looks the same as mine wtf

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is flawless enough said.
    I think the flaw through the graphic is your use of depth. There is separation of the legs this time. But this time however you have the things you had going on with the legs in the last image but it's just on the neck. The feet look a bit clubbed? I don't know how to exactly explain how to fix that because feet are also difficult including knees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing! I love the dress, it's perfect :)
    And thank you for featuring me :)

    ReplyDelete