7.2.13

Spoiler for HAUTE

Hey guys! I finished the spoiler for the Spring issue of HAUTE today! Check it out:


I actually really like this. I've never done a tattoo before, which was fun, and I think the graphic as a whole screams "controversy" as the issue theme will be, like it says, controversy.

I know the hair doesn't really look like a braid, so I apologize. Maybe its just a messy style, but idk. Anyhow, please follow the blog here! I'd like to try to get 200 followers before the release, so each new follower means a lot!


OH, and the model is Kasey (martusia_144)... I just loved the idea of a side view, though :D


EDIT:
I added more of a depth to the face, which I think turned out good. I'm not sure, though. You be the judge:

12 comments:

  1. I love the graphic, but the right side of the face is a but too smooth? To me it looks like some of her facial features were just smooshed on the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the graphic, but the side-view doesn't really work with a stardoll face. The facial features look sort of awkward, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the face looks odd but the graphic is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with everyone about the face; NEVER try and put a medoll face on an angled body it will NOT work. although i do love the clavicle area a lot and i'm very excited to see what you pull out of the hat with this "controversy" issue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Excited for the issue, interesting theme!
    XO, EllieCase

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the face works but it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On first glance/overall, the graphic looks impressive. The hands are a tad blocky for my taste, but the neck/shoulder area is amazing, and personally, I think this is the best your hair technique has ever looked - your hair isn't always my favourite, but I think it looks pretty great here!

    I always admire those who try angling Stardoll facial features because I've tried in the past and it's really tough to get the contouring accurate; however that doesn't mean it always works. This is an ambitious attempt but I don't think it worked quite as well as it could have. Sorry :c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea and concept of the graphic, although the shading is a little bit too rough, and the face doesn't lets the whole graphic down. But, remember I do like the graphic; if only there was a little bit more work into it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like everything but the nose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's me:D I love it:) I do agree, though, with the face:) Everything else is pretty amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the face looks like a barbie with no dimensions. Like, where's the eye going, where's the eyelashes, what the fuck's wrong with the nose?!?
    Lovely concept, not my favourite graphic of yours, but good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's OK... but I hate this nose. ;/

    ReplyDelete