30.10.14

What would have been


So this was meant to be my task 6 this week, Geisha Inspired, Now I decided to scrap that idea because I researched so much about the Geishas I felt bad portraying them wrongly

Geisha's beauty style was rather simplistic and so were the accessories, this piece you see above would be a hooker, loud make up and head pieces, also you'd never see a geisha flashing this much skin, showing the back of the neck was enough, i was gonna erase the paint on the ears as well cause they don't paint their ears.

Another part I felt was challenging was that geishas would paint to mimic a porcelain doll, which had no unique features, such as cheekbones, lips or eyebrows so it was hards to choose if I wanted to define these factors or not. 


I do like to mention that the eyes have a lot of editing going one, making them different colors, one blue and one lavender

So that's basically it, this got scrapped because for the task I felt I needed something I could freely work without having the responsibility to showcase such a strong tradition in a way that it shouldn't be looked at. 

Tell me what do you think! Leave a comment, thick a box and as usual be ready for a special project coming soon! 


PS: I didn't even make the hair 

1 comment: